Sonja Joubert - This is me!
- 20+ Years of experience in teaching and training students, children as well as adults.
- The Studio is less than a half a minutes walk from the Snaresbrook Underground Station which is on the Central Line.
With the tutor being formally trained in both Classics and Jazz, it gives the student the opportunity to learn piano playing on a wider scale than only the formal classical, note reading style!
Teaching note reading, studying notes and written out classical compositions as well as the art of playing by ear, using chords and improvizational tecniques!
The adult student often finds this more appealing - being able to just sit down and play some songs without trying to remember the written score they studied years before! Thus always having something to play!
- For the Jazz lover: learn to play great jazz standards, with proper swing, improvization and walking bass lines! Surprise your friends with some old time favourite!
- Learn to create your own songs! Be creative!
- Theory is wonderful when taught in a practical way in front of your piano/keyboard! It is alive and great and not just - theory! So is Jazz harmony - absolutely intruiging!! I LOVE it!
- For those who love playing Classics - there is little that can compare to having worked hard on your exam pieces and passing it with flying colours! Could sometimes be a bit nerve wrecking - but worth it! Not to mention performing it at some concert! It really is rewarding! Bach is still the Master of the Baroque era and Beethoven of the Classical era! Not to mention Chopin!!! ...............
Teaching young children, youngsters and teenagers are great! It is quite amazing to follow their development musically and as individuals! The shy child becomes more confident and the lively outgoing child learns to listen more sensitively in the shaping of music!
Piano / keyboard playing is GREAT! Experience the joy and fullfilment thereof.
Phone of email NOW to start lessons! Or just come and see! No obligation. No one is ever too young or too old to learn!
Looking forward to hear from you!